EXCEPTION: Table_bib_main_scan: Field '' not found

Hello Paul,

When I try to format my marked records, I receive the above error message. This is a fairly new installation of Biblioscape 8. What to do?

Did you have a chance to work on the bug about being unable to search on Journal titles?

Can you export the marked

Can you export the marked record and email it to me? Which style was used to do the formatting? Journal title can be searched in BiblioWeb. Can you remind me the details about the bug? Thanks, Paul

Journal search bug

Hello Paul,

Sorry to keep e-mailing the forum with questions for you! I've managed most of the migration to V.8, but one persistent issue left over from V.6 is still there. When I try to search (in advanced search) on Journal title, I get the error message Exception: List index out of bounds (-1). All the other search choices work fine. Any idea what this could be?
‹ EXCEPTION: Table_bib_main_scan: Field '' not found

8.x
BiblioWeb

Add new comment

Sun, 07/24/2011 - 17:15 — Paul Chen
Did you move the "reftypes"

Did you move the "reftypes" folder from the old installation to the new one? This will cause problem because there are new fields added to the reference table. Also, is there a "reftypes" folder under your database folder? If so, please remove it. Thanks, Paul

reply

Fri, 07/29/2011 - 14:38 — hamilt
There is no Reftypes folder

There is no Reftypes folder under the database folder. Also, this inability to search on journal name predates the move to Bib 8; we had the same problem in Bib 6. After installing Bib 8, I went into the ref type table in Bib 8 and added our customized ref types, but still using the file supplied in Bib 8. We have no difficulty searching on any other field.

reply

Fri, 07/29/2011 - 19:07 — Paul Chen
This problem may be caused

This problem may be caused by a bug. I will work on this later in the second week of August.

reply

I cannot reproduce the

I cannot reproduce the problem reported. Please zip all the files under your database folder and email me the zip. To reproduce the bug, I also need all the files under your "BiblioWeb" folder. Please send me a zip for BiblioWeb as well. Thanks, Paul